Optimate Lithium Charger
The OptiMate Lithium 0.8A uses the proven OptiMate interactive charging programme in an affordable package to charge and maintain 12V Lithium batteries. OptiMate Lithium 0.8A is totally automatic and fully protected against user errors. There are no switches. Affordable, compact, intelligent and forgiving of errors, OptiMate Lithium 0.8A is the perfect tool for regular or long-term maintenance of 12V Lithium batteries.
How it works
1. Pre-qualification / BMS reset: The charge program is selected according to battery voltage. For batteries with internal BMS (battery management system) that includes a low voltage cut-out; OptiMate Lithium has a BMS reset program to reconnect the internal cells with the battery posts so that charging can commence.
2. Low Volts recovery: The OptiMate SAVE mode controls charging during this sensitive battery SAVE stage, to ensure that an over discharged battery will be correctly and safely recovered. Tests are conducted through-out the SAVE program to determine if the battery has successfully recovered and can advance to BULK CHARGE.
3. Bulk charge stage: Charges at 0.8 Amps constant current until the Voltage has risen to 14.3V.
4. Short-circuited / dead cell check: Charge progress is tracked against the ideal LiFePO4 charge curve, internal damage will be detected and unnecessary charging is prevented of a battery that cannot be recovered.
5. Absorption and equalisation: for up to 4 hours the current is delivered in pulses with voltage controlled between 14.0 and 14.3V, aiding cell voltage equalisation and improving the battery’s overall power delivery.
6. Voltage retention test: is conducted for up to 12 hours during which no charge current is delivered, with 3 possible test results indicating the battery’s general state of health or excessive self discharge or higher than expected power loss through the vehicle’s electrical system.
7. Charge maintenance: The MAINTENANCE CHARGE CYCLE consists of 30-minute float charge periods at a voltage of 13.6V followed by and alternating with 30-minute ‘rest’ periods. During the float charge period current is delivered only if the battery has lost charge due to connected vehicle circuitry. A refresh cycle may be performed if the charge level has dropped significantly.
8. The alternating charge and ‘rest’ maintenance program protects the battery against over discharge by connected vehicle circuitry, making it ideal for indefinite and 100% safe long-term maintenance charging.
- Recommended for: LiFePO4 12V batteries from 3Ah to 50Ah
- Programme control: Microprocessor, 7 stages, fully automatic
- Input Voltage: 100-240V50-60 Hz
- Input current max: 0.23A @ 100V; 0.15A @ 230V
- Typical annual energy cost: Less than £1.00 per year (continuous maintenance)
- Reverse drain current: Less than 1mA
- Output current (bulk charge): 0.8A
- Automatic desulphation: Yes
- Charge time limit: Safe to leave connected for months
- Maintain / test cycles: 30 min/30 min (alternating hourly)
- Charge retention test: 2 possible results – ‘good’ & ‘bad’
- Size: 167 x 65 x 46mm
- Weight: 800g
- Enclosure classification: IP54
- Mounting: Easy direct wall mounting
- Input cable length: 2m
- Output cable length: 2m
- Included Accessories: O1 Weatherproof Eyelet Lead; O4 Clamp Lead for bench charging
- Operation temperature range: -20°C / +40°C
- Warranty: 3 years
Delivered with two interchangeable connection sets, one with clamps for bench charging, and the other with in-line protection fuse and eyelet terminals for permanent attachment to in-vehicle battery to allow easy re-connection of charger when necessary.
Optional accessories include additional fused permanent connection leads (O1); cigarette lighter plug lead (O2) to charge via the cigarette lighter or DIN socket (as found on some BMW, Honda& Triumph touring motorcycles); 1.8m and 4.6m extension leads; weatherproof sockets to provide a convenient 12V supply for sat-nav, MP3 player, mobile phone charger PDA etc. and much more.
Certifications: TUV/GS conformity. 3-year warranty.
2 in stock
To minimise the risk of fraud, we use PAYPAL to receive card payments from our customers. If you would prefer to pay by cheque, please email your order to email@example.com and post payments to the address below (see contact details). Your order will be dispatched once we are in receipt of the cheque and monies have been cleared.
DELIVERY & returns
We will email you to confirm your order, and we will process the order as soon as payment has been received. We will email you again when your item has been dispatched (3-5 working days). We make every effort to ensure the site is as up to date as it can be, but should an item be out of stock after you have placed an order, we will email you within five working days to clarify when we can dispatch it. Delivery is by next day courier for large items and 1st class post (signed for) for smaller items. Shipping costs will be calculated automatically within the shopping basket. If your package is not signed for and is returned to us, we will re-charge your postage fees to dispatch again. Unfortunately, we cannot despatch items outside of the UK.
If you are unhappy with your purchase (faulty or damaged), providing you contact us within 5 working days of receiving it by phone or email (see below for contact details), we will offer a full refund, providing the item is un-used and in its original undamaged packaging. We recommend returning items to us by a recorded/signed for delivery method. If the item is faulty or damaged, we would cover the return carriage charges.